How to get Android APPS working on Windows Phone 10 Preview [EASY GUIDE]
Microsoft has been working on Android APK support in Windows Phone 10. This guide will talk how to enable Android virtual machine on Windows Phone 10 Preview and install Google Play Android Store with further Android apps.
You will need:
Nokia Lumia Windows 10 Phone with at least 1GB of RAM. List of tested and working models:
I will use Nokia Lumia 920 for this guide. It's running Windows Phone 8.1, so I'll need to update it to Windows Phone 10 first.
Updating to Windows Phone 10 Preview
- Download Windows Insider app from Windows app store.
- Enroll for Windows Phone 10 Preview Insider program, I recommend Fast Ring option for the latest Win 10 version.
- Phone will reboot.
- Go to Settings > Phone Update > Download Windows 10 update.
Enabling Android virtual machine and installing APKs
- Download APK Windows 10 Insider tool to Windows PC.
Hidden Content:**Hidden Content: Registered users only. You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
- Install and open it.
- Follow on screen instructions.
Go to Phone Settings > Updates > For Developers > enable developer mode and device discovery
- Connect phone to PC via USB.
- Click pair, phone will give code.
- Enter code in developer app.
- Drag Android App APK file and click install.
- Install takes from half a minute to several minutes, depending on size of the APK.
Where to get Android APKs?
- Search Google Play in web browser for an app you want.
- Copy app page url from web browser
- Convert app page url to APK download url here.
How to Install ANDROID Apps on WINDOWS PHONE 10 Preview? Easy Video Guide
Page 232 of 235Page 232 of 235
Discussion in 'TechCat Blog' started by Justin, Aug 15, 2015.